Thursday, February 7, 2008

Psalm 26

From the New King James Version (courtesy of Our Daily Bread):

-Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have walked in my integrity. I have also trusted in the LORD; I shall not slip.
-Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my mind and my heart.
-For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth.
-I have not sat with idolatrous mortals, nor will I go in with hypocrites.
-I have hated the assembly of evildoers, and will not sit with the wicked.
-I will wash my hands in innocence; so I will go about Your altar, O LORD,
-that I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.
-LORD, I have loved the habitation of Your house, and the place where Your glory dwells.
-Do not gather my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
-in whose hands is a sinister scheme, and whose right hand is full of bribes.
-But as for me, I will walk in my integrity; redeem me and be merciful to me.
-My foot stands in an even place; in the congregations I will bless the LORD.

Over the years, I have talked and acted in ways that belie integrity. I know that I have compromised this important character trait, to the point that I feel like the word "integrity" could not be used to describe me. Perhaps I am being too hard on myself; I don't think so. I would ask that as I work to restore the important character traits to my life, that you would pray with, and for, me in this endeavor. I want to be used by God to help people worship Him with all their hearts. I want to be a man whom God can use, for His glory. I want this psalm to be true of me. May all of us who serve in the worship life of BBC claim this psalm for ourselves.




No comments: